Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

When Souls Collide

I do realize how silly and naive this is going to sound, but I truly believe that when people fall in love--real love--that their souls collide.  I suppose that's where the term, "soul mates" comes from.  I was thinking about my husband this morning and about how we started out.  I felt like we'd known each other forever or even before.  I can't believe how comfortable I felt around him from the first.  I just KNEW him.

Now, I was raised up in a Christian faith, and I am not going to try to deny those teachings when I say this; but I do believe that some (if not all) people have past lives.  I believe I'm one of those people.  I don't know why I have always been completely obsessed with Paris, France, but I have.  I've always wanted to live there and be there and be "of" Paris if that even makes sense.  The first time that I went there, I was 17 years old.  I've said in other blog entries that my life was never the same; something changed in me--in my soul.  I was on a school trip and without my parents; but from the moment I arrived, I felt home.  I knew where I was.  I knew how to get around.  Everything was familiar to me: the food, the smells, the sights, everything.  Why is that?  I believe that at some point, my soul was there; and it remembered.

That's exactly the way I felt when I met my husband:  I'd been there before.  Call me crazy if you want or laugh; it's perfectly fine with me.  But I know that when my soul collided with his, it finally felt at peace.  Now, maybe some day, I'll get to have my husband and Paris together.  What a collision that would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment