Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

Bidding

The bid list won't come out until August, but I have been thinking about possibilities already. Am I jumping the gun? Probably. There is just something so exciting about the possibility of going anywhere in the world. When I think about the endless possibilities, my heart starts to race.

The biggest contradiction with this life I live is the complete and utter lack of control I and we have over the future. And I have learned over the years that I am a bit of a control freak. I am always thinking of the next place, of preparing for it, and wondering what it will be like. I have been doing tons of research, which is a bit of a joke because the list won't be out for two months. Will it be Africa? Will it be eastern Europe? Will we have to learn a new language?

If so, that means at least six months in Washington, daycare bills  way less money...but if we stay in the Americas, we will never get out of them.

Would doing a real hardship be worth it? Could we handle it? It would be a shorter tour, no debt, and a great start on buying a house in NOLA. I guess only time will tell.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment